Where can I vote?
If you are unable to cast your vote on by-election day, and are eligible, you can vote at an early voting centre or by post.
You can vote early either in person or by post if on election day you:
- are outside the electorate where you are enrolled to vote
- are more than 8km from a polling place
- are travelling
- are unable to leave your workplace to vote
- are seriously ill, infirm or due to give birth shortly (or caring for someone who is)
- are a patient in hospital and can't vote at the hospital
- have religious beliefs that prevent you from attending a polling place
- are in prison serving a sentence of less than three years or otherwise detained
- are a silent elector
- have a reasonable fear for your safety or wellbeing.
Voting on the day
Updated: 14 March 2023