Report of the augmented Electoral Commission

Updated: 20 August 2018

This report outlines the augmented Electoral Commission for Victoria’s (the augmented Electoral Commission’s) redistribution of Victoria into 38 electoral divisions.

The name and boundaries of the new Division of Fraser, named in honour of the former Prime Minister, the Rt Hon. John Malcolm Fraser AC CH (1930–2015), have been unanimously adopted.

Two modifications have been made to the Redistribution Committee for Victoria’s (Redistribution Committee’s) proposed redistribution with respect to the names of electoral divisions. The Division of Batman has been renamed ‘Cooper’ in recognition of William Cooper and the name of the Division of Corangamite has been retained. The augmented Electoral Commission unanimously agreed to rename:

  • the Division of McMillan to the ‘Division of Monash’, in honour of Sir John Monash CB(M) KCB(M) GCMG (1865–1931),
  • the Division of Melbourne Ports to the ‘Division of Macnamara’, in honour of Dame Annie Jean Macnamara DBE (1899–1968), and
  • the Division of Murray to the ‘Division of Nicholls’, in honour of Sir Douglas Ralph Nicholls MBE(C) OBE(C) KCVO (1906–88) and Lady Gladys Nicholls (1906–81).

The names of the remaining 32 electoral divisions have been retained by the augmented Electoral Commission.

The augmented Electoral Commission has adopted all of the boundaries of electoral divisions proposed by the Redistribution Committee with the following modifications:

  • the part of the locality of Kilsyth in Yarra Ranges Shire Council is now located in the Division of Casey
  • the entirety of the locality of Vermont South is now located in the Division of Deakin
  • the part of the locality of Surrey Hills to the east of Warrigal Road and south of Canterbury Road is now located in the Division of Chisholm
  • the entirety of the localities of Bulla, Clarkefield and Wildwood, and part of the localities of Diggers Rest and Oaklands Junction, are now located in the Division of McEwen
  • the localities of Barunah Park, Barunah Plains and Wingeel are now located in the Division of Corangamite
  • the locality of Gowanbrae, and those parts of the localities of Keilor Park and Tullamarine south of the Western Ring Road, are now located in the Division of Maribyrnong
  • the part of the locality of Springvale to the east of Springvale Road is now located in the Division of Bruce
  • the part of the locality of Springvale South to the west of Springvale Road, and all of the locality of Clayton South, are now located in the Division of Hotham
  • the entirety of Knox City Council is now located in the Division of Aston, including part of the locality of Upper Ferntree Gully and the entirety of the locality of Rowville
  • those parts of the localities of Dandenong, Keysborough and Noble Park to the east of Eastlink and to the south of the Pakenham Railway line are now located in the Division of Isaacs
  • the localities of Bunyip North, Garfield North, Maryknoll, Tonimbuk and Tynong North are now located in the Division of Monash
  • the entirety of the locality of Williams Landing is now located in the Division of Gellibrand
  • a small number of minor alterations, involving little or no elector movement, to adhere to features or administrative boundaries
Back to top