Direction for a redistribution of Northern Territory Electoral Divisions
|Electoral Commissioner||Mr Andy Becker|
|Australian Electoral Officer for the Northern Territory||Mr Paul Anderson (A/g)|
|Surveyor-General of the Northern Territory||Mr Trevor Menzies|
|Auditor-General of the Northern Territory||Mr Iain Summers|
(3) In making the proposed redistribution, the Redistribution Committee:
- shall, as far as practicable, endeavour to ensure that, if the State or Territory were redistributed in accordance with the proposed redistribution, the number of electors enrolled in each Electoral Division in the State or Territory would not, at the projection time determined under section 63A, be less than 96.5% or more than 103.5% of the average divisional enrolment of that State or Territory at that time; and
- subject to paragraph (a), shall give due consideration, in relation to each proposed Electoral Division, to:
- community of interests within the proposed Electoral Division, including economic, social and regional interests;
- means of communication and travel within the proposed Electoral Division;
and subject thereto the quota of electors for the State or Territory shall be the basis for the proposed redistribution, and the Redistribution Committee may adopt a margin of allowance, to be used whenever necessary, but in no case shall the quota be departed from to a greater extent than one-tenth more or one-tenth less.
- the physical features and area of the proposed Electoral Division; and
- the boundaries of existing Divisions in the State or Territory;
(3A) When applying subsection (3), the Redistribution Committee must treat the matter in subparagraph (3)(b)(v) as subordinate to the matters in subparagraphs (3)(b)(i), (ii) and (iv).
|Andy Becker||Paul Anderson||Trevor Menzies||Iain Summers|