2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Wills (Vic)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Wills (2010) [PDF 1.4MB]
Map of the Division of Wills (2010) [PDF 16.1MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after William Wills 1834–61, explorer and member of expedition which attempted to cross Australia in 1860–61.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Wills is located in Melbourne's northern suburbs. It covers an area of approximately 57 sq km from Fawkner and Glenroy in the north to Brunswick in the south and also includes Essendon Airport. The main suburbs include Glenroy, Gowanbrae, Hadfield, Oak Park, Pascoe Vale, Brunswick and parts of Coburg, Fawkner and Strathmore.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- This area contains many large industries including paper, tiles, clothing manufacturing, steel, paints, glass, textiles, Australian Defence Industries, joinery, electrical goods, retailing and various hardware industries.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan
- Thomson, K (ALP) 1996–
Cleary, P R (IND) 1993–1996
Hawke, R J L (ALP) 1980–1992
Bryant, G M (ALP) 1955–1980
Bryson, W G (ALP) 1949–1955
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Wills
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Wills
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Wills
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.