2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Melbourne Ports (Vic)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Melbourne Ports (2010) [PDF 785KB]
Map of the Division of Melbourne Ports (2010) [PDF 13.4MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after the area in which it is located.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Melbourne Ports is located to the south of Melbourne's central business district. It covers an area of approximately 40 sq km around the north and north-eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay. The suburbs include Albert Park, Balaclava, Caulfield, Caulfield East, Caulfield North, part of Elsternwick, Elwood, Middle Park, Port Melbourne, Ripponlea, St Kilda, St Kilda East, St Kilda West, Southbank, South Melbourne and parts of South Yarra and Docklands.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Car assembly plants, aircraft parts production, stevedoring and various manufacturing, commercial and retail industries.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan
- Danby, M (ALP) 1998–
Holding, C (ALP) 1977–1998
Crean, F (ALP) 1951–1977
Holloway, E J (FLP/ALP) 1931–1951
Mathews, J (ALP) 1906–1931
Mauger, S (PROT) 1901–1906
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Melbourne Ports
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Melbourne Ports
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Melbourne Ports
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.