2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Bruce (Vic)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Bruce (2010) [PDF 892KB]
Map of the Division of Bruce (2010) [PDF 18.6MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Lord Stanley Bruce 1883–1967, Prime Minister of Australia 1923–29.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Bruce is located south-east of Melbourne. It covers an area of approximately 73 sq km including the suburbs of Dandenong North, Glen Waverley, Mulgrave, Noble Park Nth, Wheelers Hill, and parts of Clayton, Dandenong, Noble Park, Notting Hill and Springvale.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Diverse commercial activities including warehouse and light engineering.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Griffin, A (ALP) 1996–
Beale, J H (LP) 1990–1996
Aldred, K J (LP) 1983–1990
Snedden, B M (LP) 1955–1983
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Bruce
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Bruce
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Bruce
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.