2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Lyons (Tas)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Map of Division:
- A4 map of the Division of Lyons (2009) [PDF 120KB]
Map of the Division of Lyons (2009) [PDF 30.5MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Joseph Lyons 1879–1939, and Dame Enid Lyons 1897–1981
- Area and Location Description:
- Lyons covers an area of approximately 32 910 sq km and is the largest division in Tasmania covering most of the State from the central highlands in the west to the east coasts and from Beaconsfield township in the north to New Norfolk and the Tasman Peninsula region in the south. The main towns include Beaconsfield, Bridgewater, Brighton, Campbell Town, Deloraine, Dodges Ferry, Evandale, Exeter, Gagebrook, Longford, Midway Point, New Norfolk, Perth, St Helens, Sheffield, Sorell and Westbury.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Fishing, forestry, wool, cattle (dairy and beef), fruit, wine, hydro-power generation, mining and tourism.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- 1984 (This division was previously Wilmot, which was proclaimed in 1903. Its name was changed in 1984).
- Demographic Rating:
- Adams, D (ALP) 1993–
Burr, M A (LP) 1984–1993
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Lyons
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Lyons
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Lyons
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.