2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Hindmarsh (SA)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- South Australia
- Current, boundary gazetted 16 December 2011.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Hindmarsh (2011) [PDF 259KB]
Map of the Division of Hindmarsh (2011) [PDF 4.6MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Sir John Hindmarsh 1786–1860, first Governor of South Australia.
- Area and Location Description:
- Hindmarsh covers an area of approximately 78 sq km in inner western Adelaide. The main suburbs include Adelaide Airport, Ascot Park, Brooklyn Park, Edwardstown, Fulham, Glenelg, Grange, Henley Beach, Kidman Park, Kurralta Park, Morphettville, Plympton, Richmond, Semaphore Park, Torrensville, West Beach and West Lakes.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Aviation, tourism, major retailing, small industries and numerous sporting venues.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan
- Georganas, S (ALP) 2004–
Gallus, C (LP) 1993–2004
Scott, J L (ALP) 1980–1993
Cameron, C R (ALP) 1949–1980
Thompson, A V (ALP) 1946–1949
Makin, N J O (ALP/FLP/ALP) 1919–1946
Archibald, W O (ALP/NAT) 1910–1919
Hutchison, J (ALP) 1903–1909
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hindmarsh
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hindmarsh
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hindmarsh
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.