2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Wright (Qld)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Wright (2009) [PDF 960KB]
Map of the Division of Wright (2009) [PDF 3.3MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Judith Wright (1915–2000) who made a significant contribution to Australia as a social and environmental activist, and poet. She was a resident of Queensland for over 30 years, 20 of which were spent at Mt Tamborine, which is located within the boundaries of this division.
- Area and Location Description:
- Wright covers an area of approximately 7 589 sq km and is located in south-east Queensland, in an area south and west of Brisbane. The divisional boundary covers the Lockyer Valley Regional Council, Scenic Rim Regional and parts of Logan City and Gold Coast City Councils. The areas within the Wright division are diverse, ranging from small crops farmers in the Lockyer Valley to tourism in the Tamborine Mountains.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Boutique tourism and a wide range of primary production activities.
- First proclaimed
- Demographic rating:
- Buchholz, S (LNQ) 2010–
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Wright
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.