2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Moncrieff (Qld)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Moncrieff (2009) [PDF 490KB]
Map of the Division of Moncrieff (2009) [PDF 1.8MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Gladys Moncrieff (1892–1976), light opera and musical comedy singer.
- Area and Location Description:
- Moncrieff covers an area of approximately 92 sq km from Nerang, Ashmore, Southport and the Gold Coast Seaway in the north to Sixth Avenue, Gold Coast Highway and Mountain View Avenue, Miami in the south, west to Nerang and Gilston and southwest to Worongary. It takes in the Gold Coast tourist strip from Main Beach south to Miami. The main suburbs include Ashmore, Benowa, Broadbeach, Broadbeach Waters, Bundall, Carrara, Main Beach, Mermaid Beach, Mermaid Waters and Surfers Paradise as well as parts of Miami, Nerang, Southport and Worongary.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Tourism and associated industries and a variety of small industries.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Ciobo, S (LNQ) 2001–
Sullivan, K (LP) 1984–2001
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Moncrieff
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Moncrieff
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Moncrieff
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.