2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Fadden (Qld)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Fadden (2009) [PDF 321KB]
Map of the Division of Fadden (2009) [PDF 2MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Sir Arthur Fadden (1895–1973), Prime Minister of Australia August–October 1941.
- Area and Location Description:
- Fadden covers approximately 395 sq km bounded by the Logan and Albert Rivers in the north, the Pacific Motorway to Coomera and suburbs from Oxenford to Gaven in the west, Molendinar and Labrador in the south, and the Pacific shore from the Gold Coast Seaway to Jumpinpin Inlet in the east. Suburbs and towns include Alberton, Arundel, Biggera Waters, Coombabah, Coomera, Gaven, Gilberton, Helensvale, Hollywell, Hope Island, Jacobs Well, Labrador, Molendinar, Norwell, Paradise Point, Parkwood, Runaway Bay, Stapylton, Steiglitz, Woongoolba and parts of Ormeau, Oxenford, Pacific Pines, Pimpama and Southport. South Stradbroke Island and other islands in the Broadwater and South Moreton Bay are within the Division.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Residential areas are concentrated in the south with semi-rural in the north. Commercial activities include tourism, market gardens, sugar cane farming, and light industry including boat building.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Robert, S (LNQ) 2007–
Jull, D (LP) 1984–2007
Beddall, D P (ALP) 1983–1984
Cameron, D M (LP) 1977–1983
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Fadden
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Fadden
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Fadden
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.