2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Bonner (Qld)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Bonner (2009) [PDF 249KB]
Map of the Division of Bonner (2009) [PDF 3MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Neville Thomas Bonner AO in recognition of his services rendered as a Senator and leader of indigenous Australia.
- Area and Location Description:
- Bonner covers an area of approximately 360 sq km from the Port of Brisbane in the north to Lota in the southeast and to Rochedale and Mount Gravatt in the west. The main suburbs include Belmont, Burbank, Capalaba West, Carindale, Chandler, Gumdale, Hemmant, Lota, Lytton, Manly, Manly West, Mansfield, Moreton Island, Mount Gravatt, Ransome, Rochedale, Tingalpa, Upper Mt Gravatt, Wakerley, Wishart, Wynnum, Wynnum West and parts of Cannon Hill, Carina, Eight Mile Plains, Holland Park, Holland Park West, Mackenzie, Mount Gravatt East and Murarrie.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Industries include tourism, transport, manufacturing and retail. The Port of Brisbane is located in Bonner as are light industrial areas in Murarrie, Hemmant and Lytton.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Vasta, R (LNQ) 2010–
Rea, K (ALP) 2007–2010
Vasta, R (LP) 2004–2007
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Bonner
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Bonner
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Bonner
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.