2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Page (NSW)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- New South Wales
- Current, boundary gazetted 22 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Page (2009) [PDF 447KB]
Map of the Division of Page (2009) [PDF 9.4MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Sir Earle Page (1880–1961), Member of the House of Representatives 1919–61. He served as caretaker Prime Minister of Australia during April 1939.
- Area and Location Description:
- Page covers an area of approximately 16 143 sq km from Yamba in the south to Ballina in the north on the coastal side, and from Hernani in the south to the Queensland border on the inland side. The main towns include Alstonville, Ballina, Casino, Evans Head, Grafton, Iluka, Kyogle, Lismore and Yamba.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Dairy and beef cattle, pigs, maize, tropical fruit, sugar cane, fishing, prawning, oysters, butter and dairy factories, timber mills, several abattoirs and tourism.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Saffin, J (ALP) 2007–
Causley, I (NP) 1996–2007
Woods, H F (ALP) 1990–1996
Robinson, I L (NP) 1984–1990
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Page
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Page
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Page
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.