Commonwealth Electoral Division of Capricornia (Qld)
Updated: 24 October 2011
15 December 2009
Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009 (former divisional profile)
Contact the Capricornia AEC divisional office
Named after a district name apparently originating from the fact that the Tropic of Capricorn passes through the area.
Size & location description:
Capricornia covers an area of approximately 91 049 sq km from Collinsville in the north, the Capricornia Coast in the east and the Shire of Belyando in the west. The City of Rockhampton and the towns of Collinsville, Dysart, Emu Park, Glenden, Marlborough, Mirani, Moranbah, Nebo, St Lawrence, Sarina, Yeppoon, and parts of Clermont and Middlemount. Nearby islands, including Great Keppel are also included in this division.
Maps & GIS data:
Products/industries of the area:
Primary production, grains, beef cattle, grazing, fishing, coal mining, meat works, dairy products and tourism.
- Livermore, K (ALP) 1998–
- Marek, P (NP) 1996–1998
- Henzell, M M (ALP) 1993–1996
- Wright, K W (ALP) 1984–1993
- Everingham, D N (ALP) 1977–1984
- Carige, C L (NCP) 1975–1977
- Everingham, D N (ALP) 1967–1975
- Gray, G H (ALP) 1961–1967
- Pearce, H G (LP) 1949–1961
- Davidson, C W (LP) 1946–1949
- Forde, F M (ALP) 1922–1946
- Higgs, W (ALP) 1910–1922
- Archer, E W (ANTI-SOC) 1906–1910
- Thomson, D A (ALP) 1903–1906
- Paterson, A (IND) 1901–1903
Current Member Details:
Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.