Profile of the Electoral Division of Adelaide (SA)
Updated: 6 October 2011
Named after the city of Adelaide which in turn was named after Queen Adelaide, wife of William IV.
Area and Location Description:
The division of Adelaide covers an area of approximately 75 sq km from Grand Junction Road in the north to Cross Road in the south. Suburbs include Ashford, Clarence Park, Enfield, Goodwood, Kent Town, Keswick, Kilburn, Maylands, North Adelaide, Northgate, Norwood, Parkside, Prospect, Rose Park, St Peters, Toorak Gardens, Unley, Walkerville and the City of Adelaide.
Map of Division:
Products/Industries of the Area:
Markets, newspapers, military barracks, universities, brewery, Coca-Cola bottlers, rail/bus terminals and Adelaide central business district.
- Ellis, K (ALP) 2004–
- Worth, T (LP) 1993–2004
- Catley, R (ALP) 1990–1993
- Pratt, M P (LP) 1988–1990
- Hurford, C J (ALP) 1969–1988
- Jones, A T (LP) 1966–1969
- Sexton, J C L (ALP) 1958–1966
- Chambers, C (ALP) 1943–1958
- Stacey, F H (UAP) 1931–1943
- Yates, G E (ALP) 1922–1931
- Blundell, R P (NAT) 1919–1922
- Yates, G E (ALP) 1914–1919
- Roberts, E A (ALP) 1908–1913
- Kingston, C C (PROT) 1903–1908
Current Member Details:
Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
AEC Divisional Office Address:
Divisional Office Contact Details
2007 Federal Election Results:
House of Representatives results for Adelaide
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.