2004 Profile of the division of Moore
Updated: 9 February 2011
Named after George Fletcher Moore 1798–1886, the first Advocate-General in Western Australia 1834.
Area and Location Description:
Moore covers a coastal, urban area of approximately 78 sq km from Burns and Kinross in the north to Waterman in the south. Some of the larger suburbs are Duncraig, Hillarys, Heathridge, Mullaloo, Ocean Reef and Padbury.
Map of Division:
Products/Industries of the Area:
Mainly residential, with a commercial centre at Joondalup.
- WASHER, M (LP) 1998–
- FILING, P (LP/IND) 1990–1998
- BLANCHARD, C A (ALP) 1983–1990
- HYDE, J M (LP) 1974–1983
- MAISEY, D W (CP) 1963–1974
- LESLIE, H A (CP) 1961–1963
- HALBERT, H V (LP) 1958–1961
- LESLIE, H A (CP) 1949–1958
Current Member Details:
See the Parliament of Australia website
AEC Divisional Office Address:
See Divisional Office Contact Details
2004 Federal Election Results:
- Enrolment: 75 923
- Informal Vote: 4.34%
- Turnout: 93.90%
- Seat Status: Safe Liberal
- Two Party Preferred: LP: 60.83% | ALP: 39.17%
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.